Monday, January 28, 2008

French school

We leave for France on Thursday! Boy, am I excited. :D
I'm working on my French and am fairly sure I'll be able to communicate our basic needs. Dh knows a family there and they have lots planned for us. We'll start in Paris and spend a week or so there. Then we'll head off to Normandy with some site seeing along the way.
This is a holiday, but we aren't totally dropping school.
We'll do math, grammar, spelling, handwriting, phonics and writing on the plane. I'm not assigning Chelsea writing, I just know she will. :D We'll read of course, and play educational games. I'm taking electricity, French-Canadian and Emily Carr themed books so we can still do a loose art appreciation, history and science studies. French will be on an all time high but we won't do Latin. No piano or yoga. We'll pray and read the Bible, but no real study. No country themed cooking, but we have an iPod loaded with classical music so maybe we'll do informal music appreciation.
I'm still trying to decide what books to take, I'd like to bring the library!
I'm excited! I know we'll be "behind" in our school work, but homeschooling is about FLEXABILITY. I'm going to put that word to use.

No comments: