Friday, January 25, 2008

Weekly Report

Canada - We "went" to Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador. I've decided to study Quebec next month when we study French Canadians.
I designed another lapbook, this one for the maritime provinces. We had lots of fun with it and Megan thought it was the best ever! Yeah, maybe I'm bragging. :D
The _if for ____ books are favourite here so the kids cheered when they heard that A is for Algonquin, F is for Fiddlehead and P is for Puffin were on the book list. They have way more information than your average alphabet book which makes them a learning tool for all ages.
I was nervous about doing Anne of Green Gables as a read aloud but everyone is loving it, even Cassidy! She has an Anne colouring book and is really careful about staying in the lines. Chelsea read Emily of New Moon and loved it, even staying up till midnight to read!

Science - I'm feeling back on track here! We've started studying electricity and I was able to find books to read! The Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip was great for the little ones, where would we be without Ms. Frizzle? Chelsea gobbled up a Horrible Science book, Killer Energy and Shocking Electricity and loved Electricity almost as much.

Math - I've hit a jackpot with Megan! Miquon Orange and a homemade math fact CD, what could be better for a young, auditory, discovery loving learner? She's finished up the entire A section of the book which is on counting. She listened to the counting part of our CD and memorized One, Two Buckle My Shoe.

Okay, I'd write more but I need to back to go to France and sometime I have to sleep. :D

3 comments:

Daisy said...

That sounds like a ton of fun! My kids love thos alphabet books also.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The lapbook for the provinces sounds like a lot of fun - I will have to remember to do that with my daughter when she is a little older.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your twins! I'm a Mom of twins too. They were born 11 years ago in June. You are going to have such much fun. Keep taking those vitamins! You will need them. LOL!