Monday, January 21, 2008

Knitting

Knitting is a hobby of mine, something I really love to do. Where I live it doesn't get super cold in the winter but I still loves those evenings by the fires, needles in hand.
Recently I've been on an extreme knitting frenzy:
Cassidy was desperately in need of a new toque so I made her a warm, fluffy, pink one that she wears everywhere, some slippers, mittens and a vest.
Megan has gotten three sweaters (she's the time of kids that wears t-shirts ALL year round so when we hand a cold snap there was a bit of a problem with clothes for Megan) which she loves and actually wears (!), slippers and am working on a scarf with Megan which I should have finished for her birthday (beginning of Jan.). I'm also teaching her how to knit and she's working on a doll scarf which is nice and easy.
Chelsea got a poncho, Santa hat (this was lots of fun to make), slippers and a pencil case. She knits or draws during read alouds and recently made a calculator holder (don't ask me why she did) and has started on a bag.
DH (am I aloud to call him that even though we don't get married for a week?) has a few new ties, slippers and a sweater.
I have gone a tad crazy on making dish towels and have also made myself a BIG maternity sweater :D and slippers.

I'm getting requests left right and center for more knitted things. Good thing I have a major addiction to it.

No comments: